Friday, March 27, 2009

Hot Men: David Bowie (1980’s – 2000, Labyrinth)







My very favourite, number one hot man is none other than legendary rocker, David Bowie. Though an iconic character chameleon, he manages to exude an irresistible magnetism whether he’s in platforms and full make up or in a perfectly tailored suit. My favourite Bowie period however, is between the 80’s until around 2000. My first encounter with David Bowie was not through his uber-successful music career but through the Jim Henson movie “Labyrinth.” As a teenager, I was enraptured with the tall mystical character he played, Jareth the Goblin king. With long wild hair, flowing cape, tights, boots and make up, I was soon fantasizing that I was the heroine Sarah, and accepting his invitation to be loved and ruled by him forever! Soon afterward, I tried to find out everything I could about Bowie and became a fan. Time has passed too quickly and suddenly it's twenty years later and this movie is now considered a “cult classic.” And since the movie is twenty years older, so is he. Mind you, I wouldn’t kick him out of bed now. The jowls are dropping and the overindulgence of the 70’s and 80’s are showing, but he continues to make me catch my breath with his startling eyes, lean figure, and throaty voice. I’m so glad my husband is so understanding.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I swore I'd name my first child Jareth, but it didn't fly with the daddy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought that I was the only one who thought he was smokin! lol I've watched this movie many times, and couldn't help but do the same thing, lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! All my friends think I'm crazy when I talk about him and ask who he is. Then they Google him and laugh at me. I'm glad to know someone thinks the same way. I first heard about him from Demyx Time on Youtube and looked him up. I was an instant fan!!

    ReplyDelete